“We don’t want to miss out!”
That’s the common answer our firm hears when asking business to business (B2B) customers why they are using social media. Recently, we visited a prospective client who was active on Facebook and proud of their new web site. Problem is, this prospective client’s excitement started to decline as they answered our questions related to their web marketing and social media marketing efforts:
– Describe the roles of your client’s decision makers.
– What type of content or messages are important for them to assess when doing business?
– What keywords and web sites are your clients searching for online, related to your industry?
Over the course of the next few hours, our prospective client realized that while they had a new web site and a Facebook page, the following statements were also true:
– They knew their decision makers.
– They had web marketing content that was not relevant to their audience.
– They did not know what content or web sites were being used by their audience.
Most importantly, this prospect realized that they needed a sound marketing message and a plan before properly executing web site marketing or social media marketing. Together with their team, Autumn Consulting is currently clarifying marketing messages that are customized to their audience’s decision criteria and emphasizing their unique value proposition.
Looking forward, Autumn Consulting and this new client will use the marketing messages and prospecting development strategies to refine and focus content that maximizes the effectiveness of both their web marketing and social media marketing.
If you are a B2B company or organization looking for a web marketing agency in the Milwaukee area that will tailor-fit the right emarketing package for you, peruse our Web Marketing Services page and call or email us. We’d love to hear from you.